[Feature Request] No ability to combine products into a single list via Full Product Changelog?

In order to post a topic/ticket, you MUST provide content in the main tinyMCE editor field. It is not possible to only use the "Private Content" section, as that input only represents a meta data addition to your ticket. The forum can't save a ticket without actual content!

Whenever you want to post confidential information, such as website addresses, user names, password or anything else you don't want others to see, use the "Private Content" section  that you will find below the main text editor box.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Hi,

the buttons are not actually missing; it is more likely, that you haven’t assigned a full product page link to each of your products yet, which is a new addition as well (probably should have mentioned that before).

When adding or editing a product, you will now find a new option to assign a page to each product, that will hold the full changelog for that product. The idea is that the global changelog only shows a certain number of changes per product (up to 10), and the generated button will allow users to simply go to the full changelog for a product, if desired. If no link has been assigned, the plugin can’t create a button for it, which is why the section is currently empty on your end.

The #limit itself applies to each product; so if the limit is set to 5 (default), the global changelog will show (up to) 5 changelog items for each product. If the global changelog includes (for example) 2 products and each product actually has 5 or more changelog items created, the global changelog will include a total of 10 items (2 products * 5 items per product).

Tekanewa

drewmcmanus
    Participant

Acknowledged on the missing buttons being user error on my end, I’ll see about making that change and seeing the outcome.

The limit makes complete sense as well and then pushing the user toward the respective dedicated page is a smart move. This is a really nice update!

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Drew,

I finalized the new version and already uploaded it to CodeCanyon. You should receive an email once they approve it and make it available for download. The final version carries the same version number (1.1.0) as the BETA version I sent you, so an auto-update will not be triggered on your end.

Tekanewa

P.S.

Final changes: I added another check to the JS routines to see if there are any link buttons present for the global changelog and if not, simply remove the toggle button which would show/hide the individual link buttons. Also, instead of “forcing” users to assign a dedicated page to each product (used to generate the link buttons), the plugin now allows for not assigning a page as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘No ability to combine products into a single list via Full Product Changelog?’ is closed to new replies.