[No Solution] I can't enter the license key

In order to post a topic/ticket, you MUST provide content in the main tinyMCE editor field. It is not possible to only use the "Private Content" section, as that input only represents a meta data addition to your ticket. The forum can't save a ticket without actual content!

Whenever you want to post confidential information, such as website addresses, user names, password or anything else you don't want others to see, use the "Private Content" section  that you will find below the main text editor box.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  filianer12 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

filianer12
    Participant

I installed the plugin for wordpress. When I click on License key menu it remains loading and it does not show the page to me to be able to enter the license.

Thanks

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Hi,

please provide me with admin access to your site, so I can take a closer look.

If your server maintains an error.log or debug.log file, you might want to check there as well to see if the server itself registered any errors that might prevent the page from loading.

Tekanewa

filianer12
    Participant

Thank you for answering so quickly.
    I am currently using localhost for my development I do not know if this will influence

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

A local host installation is usually not an issue, but there are just too many ways of setting up a local server to know for sure. At least nobody else reported any issues with the license page on local hosts so far.

If you are able to, you might want to check the browser console for any JS errors, but if the page itself never renders, the issue is more likely server related.

The license page is making an external call to the official Envato API in order to pull some information about the plugin (number of licenses sold, price, etc.), which are shown on the license page. That call occurs via cURL request, so make sure your local server is set up to support such requests.

If all other setting pages for the plugin are working correctly, I can only assume that it is that external API request causing the issue, as it is the only thing that makes the license page really different from all other setting pages.

Tekanewa

filianer12
    Participant

How can I check if my server allows this CURL call? Everything else works fine and I can create galleries. I do not see any calls to Evanto. The call that fails me is http: //localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php? Page = TS_FB_License

filianer12
    Participant

What can be the disadvantages of not entering the license key? I could try to activate it once my development has finished. Apologies for my english

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Your localhost URL already shows that the issue is the cURL request.

cURL requests won’t resolve (connect) on most URL’s that have the string “localhost”, like yours, when using a standard port of “80”, as your local server is running with two different IP addresses: Your actual internet IP, and the internal IP address created for the local server specifically. Changing the port your local server “listens” to from “80” to a different one can help, but server setup is not my expertise.

In general, the license key will only unlock the auto-update routine of the plugin, but all other features will work just fine without the license key, so there really isn’t a need to provide the key on your local server. Once you are on an actual server, the license page will work just fine.

Tekanewa

filianer12
    Participant

Ok then I’ll wait to finish the development process. Thank you very much for your quick reply

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I can't enter the license key’ is closed to new replies.