[Resolved] Blank screen on page with shortcode

In order to post a topic/ticket, you MUST provide content in the main tinyMCE editor field. It is not possible to only use the "Private Content" section, as that input only represents a meta data addition to your ticket. The forum can't save a ticket without actual content!

Whenever you want to post confidential information, such as website addresses, user names, password or anything else you don't want others to see, use the "Private Content" section  that you will find below the main text editor box.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eskamedia 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

eskamedia
    Participant

Plugin version 4.2.4

WP version 4.8.2

Link: http://www.vcfleringen.nl/fotos/

I’m getting a blank screen when accessing the page, no errors in the log.

Private Content Hidden

eskamedia
    Participant

[20-Sep-2017 15:19:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: ob_start(): Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/vcfleringen/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ts-facebook-gallery/ts-facebook-gallery.php on line 1031

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Hi,

please update to the most current version of v4.2.6 first, which you can download on CodeCanyon.

If updating does not restore the gallery, let me know.

Tekanewa

eskamedia
    Participant

The error still persists after updating to 4.2.6 . Blank screen on the page with the shortcode.

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Hi,

it seems, you actually uninstalled the old plugin version first, before installing the new one, which means all your plugin settings and the existing gallery have been deleted from the WordPress database. Simply uploading the new plugin package via FTP would have preserved those data.

So, before I can do any further testing on your site, you need to re-enter and save your Facebook information (user ID, token) in the gallery settings and create a new gallery.

The PHP error message you referenced in an earlier reply referred to line 1031, which is just a comment line in the current plugin version. Once you created a new gallery, please check your error log again so it can provide the correct line number for the current plugin version.

Because on my end, the plugin is working correctly and no other users reported a similar issue like yours.

Tekanewa

eskamedia
    Participant

Yeah that was my mistake, it keeped showing version 4.2.4 so i uninstalled it.

I did a fresh install and now the correct version is showing, all settings are back how they were but now I can’t even show predefined albums??

Albums ID’s i want to display in a gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zk3stojet393rx/gallery.jpg?dl=0

Error on submit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4ijmg08683mzc2/gallery1.jpg?dl=0

Error log when visiting the page with the shortcode:

[26-Sep-2017 12:49:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  ob_start(): Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/vcfleringen/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ts-facebook-gallery/ts-facebook-gallery.php on line 992

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Hi,

please provide me with FTP access to your server so I can make modifications to plugin files in order to further troubleshoot.

Tekanewa

eskamedia
    Participant

I’m not the owner of the server and that operates on IP address access only. So please use the WP File Manager plugin already installed on the site to make your FTP changes.

You can use the WP login details provided in the first post.

Tekanewa
    Tekanewa
    Keymaster

Hi,

there seems to be a conflict with the standard object caching utilized by the shortcode function for the gallery. This can be due to another plugin/theme attempting to cache some data at the same time, server restrictions or simply a memory limitation.

I commented out the code lines relating to the object cache within the shortcode function and the gallery seems to be working now.

Tekanewa

eskamedia
    Participant

Thanks, that did solve the issue. I never had problems before and did not change anything on the site for a couple of months.

Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.